|October 7, 2016|
|1450 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101|
Tiffany Jane performs at Panama 66.
The Museum first opened its doors in 1926. After 40 years of bringing art to San Diego, the Museum’s flourishing permanent collection began to outgrow exhibition space. Plans went underway to double the size of the Museum and expand the vaults and galleries for the growing permanent collection and traveling exhibitions. In 1966, architects Robert Mosher and Roy Drew completed the creation of the West Wing—in addition to more gallery space, and the James S. Copley Auditorium, it is now home of the Research Library, Panama 66, Bibliotique, and the May S. Marcy Sculpture Court and Garden.